Managing Director - Australia and New Zealand
Genero is playing a key role in shaping the future of the global advertising and marketing industry, using creative technology to power the creative and production process for in-house marketing teams.
Genero’s creative ecosystem combines the world’s largest professional creative network, with a software platform and streamlined end-to-end workflow, providing marketing teams with a creative and production process unparalleled in its speed, cost, quality, and efficiency.
We have 8 offices across EMEA, the Americas, and APAC, and our growing client base includes Google, Meta, TikTok, L’Oreal, Diageo, Hilton, Qatar Tourism and Kimberly Clark. With a strong foundation in the music industry, we’ve also worked with every major record label and some of the world’s largest music artists, including Muse, George Harrison, The Doors, James Brown, Moby, Alicia Keys, and Robert Plant.
We’re a high growth, dynamic business with an innovative and entrepreneurial culture, and this is a tremendous opportunity to play a key role in a global business disrupting the marketing and advertising industry.
- Based in Sydney and reporting to our Melbourne-based CEO, you will lead our Sydney based sales and client service team to drive profitable growth across our business in Australia and New Zealand.
- Define and own our growth strategy for the region, and play a key, hands on role in our new business efforts, opening doors, sourcing new client leads and pitching Genero, with a focus on large Enterprises.
- As part of our executive team, collaborate with the CEOs and the MDs of our other regions (the US, Europe, Asia and Latin America) on our broader business strategy, business model and technology platform to continually improve our market leading solution.
- Build long-term, trusted relationships with our enterprise clients, while strategically positioning Genero as a key partner of their ongoing marketing services structure.
- Lead our existing major partnerships including Facebook, Google, TikTok and Amazon, as well as identifying and growing new partnerships.
- Working closely with our Melbourne-based marketing team, you will lead regional marketing initiatives, including being a spokesperson in local trade press and at industry events.
- Manage and grow our Australia and New Zealand team, while building a strong culture that breeds success and maintains our spirit of innovation and creativity.
- The role will involve a balance of remote working from home and one or two days in the office with the rest of the Sydney team.
- At least 15 years experience as a commercially focussed leader from the marketing/advertising industry.
- A background in agency leadership, client side marketing, marketing technology and/or creative and production.
- You will have a deep, established network of senior marketing client relationships, with a demonstrated track record of identifying, winning and sustaining client relationships, as well as achieving and exceeding financial targets.
- A very good understanding of the key challenges of marketers and the CMO, the in-housing trend, the evolving nature of client-agency relationships, digital marketing and content production.
- Strong commercial skills, with experience in structuring, pricing, negotiating and winning large contracts for marketing services, ideally involving creative or content production services
- An entrepreneurial, strategic mind and consultative approach to new business, with a proven ability to advise senior clients and grow long-term relationships.
- Passionate and excited about playing a key role in a growing, disruptive business, and thrive in a small team and a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Marketing, advertising, communications or a similar degree is highly regarded but not essential.
Based in either NY or SF and reporting to our Managing Director for North America, you will work closely with our US-based team to grow our business with Enterprise clients and media platform partners in the region
Based in Melbourne, you will report to the Finance Controller, and work closely with our teams across Australia, the UK, US, Singapore and Brazil.
Based in the UK and reporting to our Managing Director for EMEA, you will work closely with our regional team to grow our business with enterprise clients and media platform partners in the region.
Based in London, you will work closely with our EMEA team, including our London-based Managing Director and sales and client service team, as well as our growing list of clients.
Based in Sydney, you will work closely with our Australian team, including our Sydney-based Managing Director and sales and client service team, as well as our growing list of clients.
Based in the UK, you will work closely with our EMEA MD, the wider team, and our growing list of clients to help drive accelerated growth in our business.
Based in Singapore, you will work closely with our Asia team, including our Singapore-based Managing Director and sales and client service team, as well as our growing list of clients.
Based in the UK, you will work closely with our regional team, including our EMEA Managing Director and regional Client Directors to help cement our growth among key clients as well as having the opportunity to work on our growing list of new clients.
You’ll play a key role in the direction of the business and disruption of a global industry, while having a unique opportunity to do a diverse range of tasks.