Export and compression settings vary depending on what software you are using, and it can get tricky! We've tried to simplify the key settings though that you should be aware of, to make it as easy as possible! Look for the following settings in the software you use, they may appear under the "Advanced", "Settings" or "Options" tabs.
• Select H.264 for the video codec and AAC for the audio codec
• This should usually be set to 25
• Refers to how often the compressor references your uncompressed video, set it to every 30 frames
• 5,000 Kbits/second for widescreen high definition
• Minimum 1280x720 for widescreen high definition, or preferably 1920x1080. We no longer accept any SD videos as these cannot be used as an official video in today's media. We also don't accept 4:3 videos, or videos that are wider than 2.39:1.
• Yes, otherwise strange horizontal lines might appear in your video
Sound Sample Rate
• 44.1 KHz or 44,100 Hz
• Select a bit rate of at least 128 Kbps
• You video should be 2-channel stereo (not mono, not 5.1 stereo)