Junior Accountant / Bookkeeper
Genero is solving one of the biggest challenges in the marketing and advertising industry, providing a solution to power the creative arm of marketing teams with an agile production model. Combining the world’s largest professional creative network with a software platform and streamlined end-to-end workflow, Genero delivers a creative and production process unparalleled in its speed, cost, quality and efficiency.
We have offices in Melbourne, London, Singapore, Sydney, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York and São Paulo, and our growing client base includes Unilever, Diageo, Facebook, Google, HP, Fitbit, BBC, Pernod Ricard, L’Oreal and Levi’s. With a strong foundation in the music industry we’ve also worked with every major record label and global music artists including Muse, George Harrison, James Brown, Moby, Alabama Shakes, Alicia Keys and Ellie Goulding.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative, dynamic and growing global company, shaping the future of the advertising industry.
Important: Please include a brief, 1 page cover letter, outlining why you feel you match the requirements below, and confirming you are already based in Melbourne.
- This role is based in Melbourne at our head office (although working from home until further notice).
- You will report to the Finance Manager, and work closely with our teams across Australia, the UK, US, Singapore and Brazil.
- Suited to a finance/accounting graduate, or a bookkeeper.
- You will be responsible for routine financial tasks;
- Accounts receivable including invoicing and customer payment allocations.
- Accounts payable including supplier invoices, credit cards, staff expenses and monthly AP payments.
- Payroll and bank reconciliations for our local and overseas entities.
- General Ledger and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Credit card reconciliations Support month end process.
- Assist with preparation of BAS and IAS returns.
- Automate and streamline our processes as much as possible.
- You will provide input into our technology platform to improve the process and tools for our team, as well as clients and filmmakers.
- Australian accounting/finance degree would be highly regarded, but not essential.
- Proficient with Xero and Google Apps.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Attention to detail and incredibly well organised.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, be self-motivated and show initiative.
Based in our Singapore office, you will work closely with our Asia MD, the wider team, and our growing list of clients.
Based in the USA, you will work closely with our North America team, located across the US and Canada - we are open to different locations for this role, although you will work daily with our team in NYC
Based in Singapore and reporting to the Melbourne-based CEO, you will be responsible for leading and growing our Asia business, via direct to enterprise relationships.
We’re looking for an experienced engineer who will have a positive impact on the team, and who strives to improve not only themselves, but the team around them.