Junior Digital Designer
Genero is shaping the future of the advertising and marketing industry. We combine the world’s largest professional creative network with a software platform and streamlined end-to-end workflow, unparalleled in speed, cost, quality and efficiency.
We have 9 offices across APAC, EMEA, and the Americas, and our growing client base includes the BBC, Unilever, L’Oreal, Google, TikTok, Facebook and Amazon. With a strong foundation in the music industry we’ve worked with every major record label and many of the biggest music artists globally.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative, dynamic and growing global company.
As a Junior Designer you would be working alongside our existing in-house designer working on various projects from initial concept/design, handover and QA. We have a small team at Genero’s HQ based in Melbourne, which means you’ll play a key role in the direction of the business and disruption of a global industry, while having a unique opportunity to complete a diverse range of tasks.
Genero’s brand positioning is built on creativity and storytelling and we are looking to strengthen this positioning through exceptional design across all of our touchpoints, including our website, platform, advertising and communications. We’re looking for a highly creative digital designer who will bring their own ideas and creative flair to our business to help shape and apply our design language to new and existing products and marketing collateral.
As part of the Design team, you will work closely with our Product, Marketing, and Sales teams in our Melbourne HQ and across our global offices in Asia, Europe and the US.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fun and collaborative work environment at one of the fastest growing companies in the creative, film, and advertising industries globally. You’ll be able to see first hand the impact you’re having on our global growth, and fast track your career through exposure to all aspects of the company.
- Help to expand and build on our brand guidelines and design systems
- Design sales and marketing collateral including dynamic website design, email newsletters, slide presentations, ads, videos and social media content.
- Use our established style guide to create new designs for upcoming products.
- Conceptualise and mock up new product features and help to expand and refine existing features.
- Provide input into our production platform to improve the process and tools for clients and our creative community.
The successful candidate
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
- A degree or course related to digital design, UI design, communication design, graphic design.
- A passion for and experience in the advertising and marketing industries will be looked upon favourably.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, be self-motivated and show initiative – we are a very entrepreneurial company and are looking for someone who can contribute positively to that culture.
- Highly creative with the ability to convey ideas quickly and effectively and work well within tight deadlines.
- Graphic illustration skills looked upon favourably.
- Have a positive can-do attitude and embrace new challenges.
- Receptive to creative direction and feedback.
- Superior attention to detail.
Working at Genero
- We currently work remotely, with plans to do weekly/fortnightly office days when there are opportunities for in-person collaboration, and a goal of returning to a hybrid and flexible working model with some time together in the office from later this year. We also have regular social events and activities with the wider Melbourne team and stay connected to our regional teams through regular video calls.
- You’ll find everyone you work with to be friendly, respectful, down to earth and positive – we pride ourselves on hiring people who positively impact our culture and others in the team.
- We provide various learning & development opportunities, including weekly allocated personal development time, alongside conferences and access to other resources.
- We encourage innovation right across the business – no idea is a bad idea and we want people to be proactive and try new things.
- As a design team, we look for opportunities for continuous improvement, with reviews conducted after each major release and/or campaign to find what worked well and discuss what can be improved for next time.
- On a personal level, 1:1s happen fortnightly to discuss career opportunities, provide and receive feedback and ensure a smooth transition into the organisation.
Applicants must have full rights to work in Australia.
Please include a cover letter along with your resume when applying.
We encourage anyone to apply that may be interested, even if you feel you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications above.
Diversity is at the heart of Genero’s business model. We believe that by providing brands with access to a truly diverse network of creatives all over the world, we are having a positive impact on the creative and advertising industry. We want to continue to build a diverse and inclusive team, and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Based in the UK and reporting to our Managing Director for EMEA, you will work closely with our regional team to grow our business with enterprise clients and media platform partners in the region.
Based in London, you will work closely with our EMEA team, including our London-based Managing Director and sales and client service team, as well as our growing list of clients.
Based in Sydney, you will work closely with our Australian team, including our Sydney-based Managing Director and sales and client service team, as well as our growing list of clients.
Based in the UK, you will work closely with our EMEA MD, the wider team, and our growing list of clients to help drive accelerated growth in our business.
Based in Singapore, you will work closely with our Asia team, including our Singapore-based Managing Director and sales and client service team, as well as our growing list of clients.
Based in the UK, you will work closely with our regional team, including our EMEA Managing Director and regional Client Directors to help cement our growth among key clients as well as having the opportunity to work on our growing list of new clients.
You’ll play a key role in the direction of the business and disruption of a global industry, while having a unique opportunity to do a diverse range of tasks.