Software Engineer (Web Development)
Genero is solving one of the biggest challenges in the marketing and advertising industry, providing a solution to power the creative arm of in-house marketing teams and an agile production model for agencies. Combining the world’s largest professional creative network with a software platform and streamlined end-to-end workflow, Genero delivers a creative and production process unparalleled in its speed, cost, quality and efficiency.
We have offices in Melbourne, London, Singapore, Sydney, San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York and São Paulo, and our growing client base includes Unilever, Diageo, Facebook, Google, HP, Fitbit, BBC, Pernod Ricard, L’Oreal and Levi’s. With a strong foundation in the music industry we’ve also worked with every major record label and global music artists including Muse, George Harrison, James Brown, Moby, Alabama Shakes, Alicia Keys and Ellie Goulding.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative, dynamic and growing global company, shaping the future of the advertising industry.
At Genero, we use a modern tech stack; our front-end application is written in React, and powered by a Node.js microservice architecture, with GraphQL tying it all together. We’re looking at hiring proactive engineers to help us continue to build and improve all aspects of our product. If you appreciate clean, well-thought-out code, then read on to learn more.
As part of our development team, you’ll be working closely with our design and product team to develop innovative and world-class tools for brands looking for a more creative and agile approach to video content production.
We’re a small engineering team, so you’ll be able to have a large impact on our product and workflow. We treat DevOps as a team problem – we are all constantly involved in improving the developer experience for each other.
We’re looking for an experienced engineer who will have a positive impact on the team, and who strives to improve not only themselves, but the team around them.
On a day to day basis, you will
- Mentor and aid in the development of our junior engineers
- Make key technical contributions across all levels of the tech stack
- Write clean, tested, performant, and reusable code
- Work in a team to solve challenging problems
- Debug, monitor and analyse software running in production, helping to keep all our systems healthy
Required skills and experience
- Minimum 3 years commercial experience with Node.js or other similar server-side languages
- Strong front-end skills, with the ability to deliver mobile, responsive, and accessible designs
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases, including MySQL and Firestore
- An eagerness to keep up to date with the best practices and emerging technologies
- Comfortable working with a Unix like environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Knowledge or experience in the following would be a bonus
- GraphQL and Apollo (client and server)
- TypeScript and ES6
- CI/CD and build tools like CircleCI
- Testing tools such as Jest, ‘React Testing Library’ and Cypress
- Cloud platforms – we use Google Cloud Platform but experience with any is a plus
- Containerisation tools including Kubernetes, Helm and Docker
- Package management and bundling tools including Webpack
Please include a cover letter along with your resume when applying.
As a Product Manager, you will take the lead in the ideation, development and testing of platform functionality and process, with a goal of improving user outcomes for internal and external users.
Based in Singapore and reporting to the Melbourne-based CEO, you will be responsible for leading and growing our Asia business, via direct to enterprise relationships and agencies.