Genero is solving one of the biggest challenges in the marketing and advertising industry, providing a solution to power the creative arm of in-house marketing teams and an agile production model for agencies.
Combining the world’s largest professional creative network with a software platform and streamlined end-to-end workflow, Genero delivers a creative and production process unparalleled in its speed, cost, quality and efficiency.
At Genero, we use a modern tech stack; our front-end application is written in React, and powered by a Node.js microservice architecture, with GraphQL tying it all together. We’re looking at hiring proactive engineers to help us continue to build and improve all aspects of our product. If you appreciate clean, well-thought-out code, then read on to learn more.
As part of our development team, you’ll be working closely with our design and product team to develop innovative and world-class tools for brands looking for a more creative and agile approach to video content production.
We’re a small engineering team, so you’ll be able to have a large impact on our product and workflow. We treat DevOps as a team problem – we are all constantly involved in improving the developer experience for each other.
We’re looking for an experienced engineer who will have a positive impact on the team, and who strives to improve not only themselves, but the team around them.
On a day to day basis, you will
- Mentor and aid in the development of our junior engineers
- Make key technical contributions across all levels of the tech stack
- Write clean, tested, performant, and reusable code
- Work in a team to solve challenging problems
- Debug, monitor and analyse software running in production, helping to keep all our systems healthy
Required skills and experience
- Minimum 3 years commercial experience with Node.js or other similar server-side languages
- Strong front-end skills, with the ability to deliver mobile, responsive, and accessible designs
- Familiarity with SQL and NoSQL databases, including MySQL and Firestore
- An eagerness to keep up to date with the best practices and emerging technologies
- Comfortable working with a Unix like environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Knowledge or experience in the following would be a bonus
- GraphQL and Apollo (client and server)
- CI/CD and build tools like CircleCI
- Testing tools such as Jest, React Testing Library and Cypress
- Cloud platforms – we use Google Cloud Platform but experience with any is a plus
- Containerisation tools including Kubernetes, Helm and Docker
- Package management and bundling tools including Webpack
Applicants must have full rights to work in Australia. The role is based in Melbourne at our head office (although working from home until further notice). Going forward, the team will continue to work from home, with 2-3 days in the office.
Please include a cover letter along with your resume when applying.
Based in New York, you will work closely with our growing US team across LA, SF and NY.
Based in the UK, you will work closely with our regional team, including our EMEA Managing Director and regional Client Directors to help cement our growth among key clients as well as having the opportunity to work on our growing list of new clients.
Based in the UK, you will work closely with our EMEA MD, the wider team, and our growing list of clients to help drive accelerated growth in our business.
Based in Sao Paulo, you will work closely with our Brazil-based Latin America team to grow our business in the region.
Based in Melbourne, you’ll design, develop and manage all digital based marketing initiatives to raise awareness, drive leads and grow our business globally.
Based in Sydney, you will work closely with our Australian team, including our Sydney-based Managing Director and sales and client service team, as well as our growing list of clients.
Based in our Singapore office, you will work closely with our Asia MD, the wider team, and our growing list of clients.
We’re looking at hiring proactive engineers to help us continue to build and improve all aspects of our product.