Melbourne, Australia (Hybrid)
Genero is shaping the future of the advertising and marketing industry. We combine the world’s largest professional creative network with a software platform and streamlined end-to-end workflow, providing a creative and content production solution to brands that is unparalleled in speed, cost, quality and efficiency.
We’re partners with platforms like Google, TikTok, Meta and Amazon, and work with great brands including L’Oréal, Diageo, Warner Music, Levi’s, Hilton and the BBC – producing all types of visual content including TV commercials, digital ads, social campaigns, music videos and much more.
Genero HQ is in Melbourne, with growing teams in Sydney, London, Singapore, San Francisco, New York and São Paulo.
We have a small engineering team at Genero, which means you’ll play a key role in the direction of the business and disruption of a global industry, while having a unique opportunity to do a diverse range of tasks.
We use proven and modern technologies. Our front-end application is written in React, backed by a Node.js microservice architecture, with GraphQL tying it all-together. We also use TypeScript and various linting tools for consistent and reliable code. All of this is hosted on Google Cloud Platform supported by tools including Kubernetes, Helm, CircleCI and Docker.
As part of our engineering team, you’ll be working closely with our design and product team to develop innovative and world-class tools for brands looking for a more creative and agile approach to video content production.
- We’re looking for an engineer who will have a positive impact on the team, and who strives to improve not only themselves, but the team around them.
- Provide guidance and mentorship in the development of our team. This is achieved by writing tested, performant, and reusable code, and pairing when solving complex problems.
- Make key technical and architectural decisions across all levels of the tech stack to improve our platforms.
- We use the following tools and services to support our development, Notion for documentation and communication supporting our decisions and product requirements, Figma to support our design system, GitHub and CircleCI alongside the Google Workspace for strong communication within our team.
- You’ll have a large impact on our product and dev workflow. We treat DevOps as a team problem – we are all constantly involved in improving the developer experience for each other.
- We currently work remotely, with plans to do weekly/fortnightly office days when there are opportunities for in-person collaboration, and a goal of returning to a hybrid and flexible working model with some time together in the office from later this year. We also have regular social events and activities with the wider Melbourne team and stay connected to our regional teams through regular video calls.
Working at Genero
- You’ll find everyone you work with to be friendly, respectful, down to earth and positive – we pride ourselves on hiring people who positively impact our culture and others in the team.
- We provide various learning & development opportunities, including weekly allocated personal development time, alongside conferences and access to other resources.
- We encourage innovation right across the business – no idea is a bad idea and we want people to be proactive and try new things.
- As a product team, we look for opportunities for continuous improvement, with reviews conducted after each major release to find what worked well and discuss what can be improved for next time.
- On a personal level, 1:1s happen fortnightly to discuss career opportunities, provide and receive feedback and ensure a smooth transition into the organisation.
Applicants must have full rights to work in Australia.
Please include a cover letter along with your resume when applying.
We encourage anyone to apply that may be interested, even if you feel you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications above.
Diversity is at the heart of Genero’s business model. We believe that by providing brands with access to a truly diverse network of creatives all over the world, we are having a positive impact on the creative and advertising industry. We want to continue to build a diverse and inclusive team, and encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Based in Sydney, you will work closely with our Australian team, including our Sydney-based Managing Director and sales and client service team, as well as our growing list of clients.
Based in the UK and reporting to our Managing Director for EMEA, you will work closely with our regional team to grow our business with enterprise clients and media platform partners in the region.
Based in the UK, you will work closely with our regional team, including our EMEA Managing Director and regional Client Directors to help cement our growth among key clients as well as having the opportunity to work on our growing list of new clients.