A disruptive campaign to capture the imagination of post-lockdown travellers.
As Australian borders started opening up after the lockdowns in 2020, Tourism Tasmania knew there would be maximum saturation of travel advertising in the market. They came to Genero to create a disruptive social campaign that would cut through their audience’s feed on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
The objectives of the campaign were to drive awareness and consideration of traveling to Tasmania and to generate qualified traffic to the Discover Tasmania website through the campaigns proposition – ‘Come Down For Air’.
Through Genero, Tourism Tasmania commissioned Ed Ringwood and his production team at Two Palms Media to deliver the project.
As live production was difficult due to COVID restrictions, Two Palm’s used clever after effects, animation and editing techniques to reimagine existing assets for this brief. They created a deeply immersive static and video campaign, delivering multiple in-feed, story and instant experience placements which:
- Are distinctly Tasmanian: Leveraging copy, sound, motion, video and imagery to create the campaign’s ‘Come Down For Air’ feeling.
- Show the breadth of experiences unique to Tasmania: Building on the ‘CDFA’ proposition, the creative also links experiences to interests, hobbies and sensory needs.
- Are built for social: The content cleverly used the individual features of the ad placements across Instagram and Facebook.
The campaign became Tourism Tasmania’s best performing social media campaign to date, exceeding all benchmarks and KPIs. Feedback and engagement on posts was extremely positive, with a number of even commenting on the creative and campaign strategy itself.
Instagram & Facebook
- users reached via Instagram stories
- CTR - 'Floating Sauna' Instagram story
- views on Facebook video
- link clicks on Facebook video
- high CTR to Instant Experience
Brand Effect Study Results
- Action intent (Vertical norm: 1.2 pts, Regional norm: +0.8 Pts)
- Standard ad recall (Vertical norm: 7.9 pts, Regional norm: +5.9 Pts)
- Affinity (Vertical norm: 0.6 pts, Regional norm: +1.4 Pts)
Three Capes Walk, Facebook Story
Floating Sauna, Facebook Story
Soak it up, Instant Experience
Mind the wombats, Instant Experience
Go off the grid, Instant Experience
Unplug | Recharge | Reconnect, Pinterest
Floating Sauna, Pinterest
Ed has worked in communications for over 10 years across social media, content production and experiential marketing, developing strategies and activating for some of the world's most recognisable brands. Known for his forward thinking and adaptable approach, Ed’s can do attitude has seen him lead international social teams across APAC working with GoPro, Ford and Budweiser.Join now to view full profile
Driving app subscriptions with authentic documentary style stories.
Launching new cup designs on Hulu & YouTube with fun, vibrant animations.
Introducing the world’s #1 watch club with two different creative approaches.
A disruptive integrated campaign for a new finance product, from strategy to execution.
Animated Giphy stickers focusing on diversity and equality.
A curated creator network delivering fresh, localised content for TikTok.
Capture the beauty and craft of Old Parr whisky in detail.
Taking Nespresso Talents to a whole new level.